Transmission and Clutch Repair Near Jacksonville
The transmission of a car is what makes it drive. There are two types: manual and automatic clutches, with many small moving parts in each type that make up for clutch pressure or shifting gears as necessary to keep the engine running smoothly without stalling out on you!
When a car has a manual transmission, the driver presses down on one pedal to shift gears. Then they use another hand button next to it which is used for accelerating and braking in order not only control speed but also make turns more easily without having too many buttons pressing at once!
Automatic transmissions are amazing because they allow the car to drive at its own speed. These gears changes happen without any intervention from you, it's all done by PRESSURE! There is a lot of fluid in automatic transmissions which has many different purposes but one of them being that this transmission oil isolates itself when required so no metal on metal contact can occur between parts working together as one unit (the engine).
The transmission system is the most complex part of any vehicle and ultimately, expensive to repair if you have problems. To extend your clutch or automatic transmissions life cycle it is recommended that they be serviced appropriately so as not wear out prematurely with normal use.
To avoid costly repairs for this critical machine component follow these simple steps:
- Properly warm the engine up prior to accelerating. This will allow the lubricant inside to be at optimal temps for smooth, consistent operation.
- Avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration as this can damage your clutch. If you need to stop quickly or take off fast please, use your brakes instead so as not to overwork this important system component.
- - Don't rev the engine higher than necessary while moving because excessive revolutions puts undue strain on the transmission components and wears them out faster.
- When we perform a transmission service we:
- Inspect the fluid which should be red and clear (this is how it should look when it's time). *We then drain all of that old fluid that contains contaminants such as rust dust and metal shavings which sit in there and accumulate over time.
- Add newly filtered re-fill fluid back into your transmission system.
- Perform a thorough check of the clutch, pressure plate and bearings to ensure everything is clean and smooth moving.
The symptoms of a bad transmission can be difficult to diagnose. They are often linked with the clutch, which makes it even more critical for your car's mechanic to figure out what is wrong at an early stage in order not have expensive repairs later on down the line! Symptoms include hesitation when accelerating or sudden jerking that could indicate missed shifts between gears.
It is important to be aware of the symptoms that indicate a transmission problem with your vehicle. Some symptoms include grinding and jumping when shifting gears, a burning smell from the clutch slipping, and banging or scratching sound from underneath your engine.
In addition to those physical symptoms, you may also notice an unusual hesitation before moving from park mode as well as a noisy or jerky ride at any speed. A clunking sound when going over potholes may also be a sign of a transmission problem.
The steps for changing out your transmission fluid can vary depending on what type of car you have but it usually requires making sure the car is safely in park or in neutral and then unscrewing the bolt that holds down the pan. Next, you want to remove the pan to inspect it. If there is fluid present, then there may be a transmission issue or if it has an oil filter, you can remove it with a wrench. Then replace the old with new fluid and reassemble the pan.
Common problems with transmission
- Worn Clutch
- Needle Roller Bearings
- Gear Synchronizers
- Common problems with transmission when driving
- How to know if your car's transmission needs repair or replacement
- Transmission fluid change and other services for automatic and manual transmissions
Transmission flush and fluid change
A transmission fluid exchange is the perfect way to make sure your car maintains peak performance and gets you where you need go in style. With this service, we'll replace old with new transmission fluids so that our vehicles can run like clockwork! Our professional team will also clean all applicable parts before installation which ensures efficiency every time - no matter if it's manual or automatic drivetrain.
Now when was last time someone said "timepiece" without thinking of classic Quartz Mineral Filters?